What We Do
Our mission is to unite the communities of Southeastern Connecticut in order to reduce the impact of substance abuse and other addictive behaviors.
Our Core Functions
- Estimate the extent of substance abuse in the region
- Identify gaps in the substance abuse service continuum
- Support prevention, intervention and treatment activities in the region
- Support efforts to fill identified gaps in service
- Support environmental change efforts aimed at reducing substance abuse
How We Do It
We do this through needs assessment, resource development, education and advocacy.
We facilitate formation of new Local Prevention Councils (LPCs) and we support the activities of existing LPCs in each of our communities. LPCs coordinate and facilitate activities focused on the prevention of alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse within their community. We are not a direct service provider. We support local community efforts aimed at reducing or preventing substance abuse and addiction.
How We Can Help You
- Literature: We have a wide selection of brochures, pamphlets and fact sheets which can be copied for distribution.
- Educational Materials: We have materials including curricula, posters and props like Fatal Vision® goggles which can be used for prevention programming.
- Speakers and Presentations: Our staff can speak on a variety of subjects including Current Drug Trends, Parent Resources, Methamphetamine Awareness, Inhalants, Internet Safety, and Gambling. Interested in another topic, we’ll work with you.
- Needs Assessment: We can help you determine the magnitude of substance use in your community through school surveys, focus groups and Town Hall Meetings.
- Training: We offer a variety of professional training and youth development programs.